There is already a shortage of supplies of the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 series or AMD Radeon RX 6000 series graphics card, and consumers are unable to get the card. On top of that, the recent blow is the recent price rise in the graphics card after US tariffs levied against China came into effect. The tariff forced stores to significantly raise prices and add to the woes of the consumers.
Earlier in 2018, outgoing US President Donald Trump approved the tariff imposition that would add 10% to the value of goods. This is in addition to the number of exports that came into China, including electronic goods too. The second tariff aimed to tax US$300 billion (around ~RM1.25 trillion) worth of Chinese goods that were brought into the US. The tariff was delayed until December 2019, and a further delay was expected, though it never happened.
With the present tariff in full force, both physical and online retailers across the US have no other choice but to raise AMD’s Radeon RX 6000 series prices- between 7.5% and 25%. The US retail store, specifically, priced the Radeon RX 6800 and 6800XT at US$839 (~RM3369) and US$899 (~RM3639), respectively. This is higher than the original price of the card- US$579 (~RM2343) and US$649 (~RM2627).
The present scenario highlight that the tariffs and price-rise will spill-over to the GPU supplies across the world. However, there is also a possibility that incoming US President Joe Biden may undo a few of the present tariffs that would simultaneously reduce the prices for both the components and the final product.
About AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series graphics cards
The AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series graphics cards are one of the most powerful graphics cards produced by AMD. The cards brought around a revolution in graphics technology. The cards are developed on the AMD RDNA 2 architecture and offer an output of 1.54x the performance per watt. A comparison of the RX 6800 XT and RX 5700 XT.1 shows that the Radeon RX 6800 XT GPU enables gamers to play at up to speeds of 4K, 60 fps across selected titles. The Radeon RX 6800 Series and Radeon RX 6900 XT graphics cards have set the benchmark for a super-high performance graphics card.
The cards have Ray Accelerators features, which mean advanced visuals. The Radeon RX 6000 Series supports hardware ray-tracing and a defined variable rate that brings in realistic visuals and high performance across multiple games. They have up to 128MB of powered AMD Infinity Cache that offers a massive bandwidth amplifier. The following superior technologies support the AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series graphics card:
- Enhanced Graphics Technologies: Advanced technologies like DirectX 12 Ultimate and AMD FidelityFX 4 makes gaming superior.
- GDDR6 Memory: This feature gives up to 512 GB/s bandwidth speeds in addition to revolutionary AMD Infinity Cache. The memory power in AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series gives stunning and realistic experiences in gaming.
- PCIe 4.0 Support: Superpower needs high bandwidth! The graphics card supports PCIe 4.0, which means gamers need not worry about bandwidth limits or performance lows.
- AMD FreeSync Technology:5 Gamers will experience a buffer-free, low latency gaming visuals with 1300+ AMD FreeSync to choose from.
- Earn more performance in selected titles with new communication levels between the AMD Ryze desktop processors and AMD Radeon graphics cards.