Huawei has come up with Mate 8 that was launched in China in November 2015. At CES 2016, the company announced that it will be launching the phone globally. When it was first launched in China, the phone was selling like hotcakes, as it was sold out at most of the retailers on the first day itself.
According to Yu Chengdong, CEO of Huawei, more than a million handsets have already been sold and the company is planning to manufacture a million units of this handset per month.
When it comes to the hardware design, the smartphone is really good looking. The display is 6 inches tall with minimal bezels on the left and right. This makes more space for its 1080p screen. The phone is really slim having a thickness of only 7.9mm, making it one of the slimmest smartphones. The camera and a fingerprint sensor are on the back of the phone. The handset has a soft and meticulous sandblasting on the rear surface. The camera and fingerprint sensor are placed on the rear surface of the phone.
Huawei Mate 8 Review
Some of the features of Mate 8 are:
- It has an octa-core Kirin 950 processor, instead of snapdragon.
- It uses 4 Cortex-A72 and 4 Cortex-A53 cores.
- It has a 4,000 mAh battery that can last for 2.36 days for the regular user or 1.65 if you are a heavy user. Battery lasts for 22 days in a stand-by mode. Additionally, the battery can be fully charged in only 2.5 hours.
- It involves a Sony IMX298 camera, which comes with an image sensor. The camera is of 16 MP and works really well.
- Support dual nano SIMs.
- It contains a scanner that can scan name and business cards. It supports 17 different languages.
- Can be connected to the car, using Android Auto.
- Dimensions: 157.1mm x 80.6mm x 7.9mm (h x w x d).
- Weight: 185g.
- Uses Android 6.0 operating system.
- Provides 3GB or 4GB RAM with 32GB or 64GB ROM
- Supports Wi-Fi 2.4G/5G
- Sensors: Fingerprint sensor, Gyroscope sensor, Compass, G-sensor, Ambient light sensor, Hall sensor, Barometer, and Proximity sensor.
- Supports Emotion UI, EMUI 4.0 version.
This Huawei handset is available in four colors: Moonlight silver, champagne gold, Space Grey, and Mocha brown. However, this handset will not be launched in the United States.