Google recently modified certain features of the operating system of Android 11. One of these is notifications. In the earlier Android versions, the ‘notifications’ were pretty good, but the new feature named ‘Chat Bubbles’ highlights important chat/messaging notifications on the top and front. The “Chat Bubbles,” is more or like a similar version of the Facebook Messenger’s “chat head” feature. In this feature, whenever a person gets an SMS text, WhatsApp message, or any message from another app, regular notification about it can be turned into a chat bubble that floats on the top of the phone screen. With the Chat Bubble, all other apps and functions will happen on the background, and the user will always have immediate and easy access to that Chat Bubble conversation.
The goal of the Chat Bubble feature is to keep the discussion accessible for any messaging apps that a user use, be it Google Messages, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Telegram, Discord, Slack, or any other application.
How To Enable Chat Bubbles in Android 11
- When you receive a new text/message, swipe down to view the notifications.
- Tap the circle icon that is located on the bottom-right position of the message notification.
- Once you select that, the standard message notification block is transformed into a chat bubble.
It is essential to note that app developers need to add constant support for chat bubbles to function efficiently. This means that the favorite messaging app may not be compatible with the Chat Bubble feature immediately.
How To Use Android 11 Chat Bubbles
Chat Bubbles are quick and straightforward shortcuts for conversations that occur in different messaging apps.
- When a chat bubble pops up on the screen, tap on it to open the bubble.
- Tap the Manage option located on the lower-left corner to view the chat bubble settings
- Tap the + icon to view the recent bubbles that were previously used.
How To Get Rid of Chat Bubbles
Chat bubbles are a superb feature for ongoing conversations that a person wants to access quickly. However, once said conversation ends, there is no need to keep the screen’s chat bubble. You can remove the bubble with the following steps:
- Hold down on the chat bubble that you want to delete.
- Move it to the X icon that appears at the bottom of the screen.
- Let go of the bubble on the X to delete it.
How To Change Chat Bubble List View Settings
Chat bubbles have additional settings that one can change to fine-tune the feature according to the user. For this, one will have to access the phone’s notification settings.
- Open the Settings app of the phone.
- Tap Apps & notifications option.
- Tap See all apps option.
- Tap the messaging app for which you want the settings for the bubble chat to be adjusted.
- Tap on Notifications.
- Tap Bubbles feature.
On this page, there are different options for settings of Android chat bubbles for that particular app. You can configure the chat bubble to allow selected contacts from the app to trigger a chat bubble, or you can also choose all conversations to be highlighted in the chat bubble format.
How To Fix Issues With Chat Bubbles
Like any other feature and app, the chat bubbles for Android feature may be not compatible with your phone at first or may create issues on your phone. If that happens, follow the below steps to fix the problems.
- Make sure you turn on the chat bubbles feature for the app you’re using. If the app is highlighting as “Nothing can bubble,” then change that. It is also possible that the app where you are trying to integrate chat bubbles doesn’t support the API yet. In that case, wait for the developer to implement the feature.
- Try turning the phone off and on again. This is an all-time solution for the phone’s many tech issues and might work on this feature too. Do turn off the phone for a few minutes, and everything should be back to normal once it is switched on.