Most of us would think that the update to last year’s Dell XPS 13 as minor at best, but if you keenly observe the details, you would admit that the update is a worthy one.
The highlights of the update include- replacing 5th generation Broadwell Intel chip with 6th generation Skylake chip, USB-C implementation and a lot more.
If you missed the Dell XPS 13 review last year, it can be summed up as high performance, good quality, and worth the money. And here is Dell XPS 13 review for the upgraded model.
This updated model includes all the good qualities of the best ultrabook of 2015, so that is a good thing to start with. It has the same ultra-thin bezel, eye-catching design, stunning 3200 x 1800 IPS touchscreen, and has got all the basics right.
This model is bit smaller than laptops with similar screen sizes while it’s quite bigger than laptops with the same footprint. This smaller size of the laptop will give you extra space in your backpack, and your tray table on the airplane. Also, it is really light to carry around with 2.7lbs weight without touch and 2.9lbs with touch.
Some of the Dell XPS 13 specs are:
- Display: 13.3 inches with ratio 16:9, 10 point multitouch, 3200×1800 pixel
- Graphics adapter: Intel HD Graphics 520 i.e. Core 300-1000 MHz
- Memory: 8192 MB
- Storage: 256 GB, Samsung PM951 NVMe MZ-VLV256D
- Mainboard: Intel Skylake-U Premium PCH
- Soundcard: Intel Skylake PCH-H High Definition Audio Controller
- Network: Bluetooth 4.0, Dell Wireless 1820A 802.11ac (a/b/g/n/ac)
- Dimensions: 5mm x 304mm x 200mm (h x w x d)
- Battery: 56 Wh Lithium-Ion, 7435 mAh Dell JHXPY53 by SMP
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 (64 bit)
- Camera: Webcam- HD/720p
- 3 USB 3.0/3.1 Gen1
- 1 Thunderbolt
- 1 Kensington Lock
- Audio Connections: 3.5 mm combo
- Card Reader: SD MMC
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor
- USB 3.1 Type C
- Stunning display
- Skylake powers up
- Really good touchpad
- Lighter in weight
- Attractive design
- Quiet speakers
- Battery life
- Limited ports
- Oddly placed webcam
Summing up the Dell XPS 13 review, it can be said that it is the best 13-inch notebook available today. It is available in 3 versions with price $799.99, $1,449.99, and $2,499.99. You can give it a chance, even if you ought to settle for the base model that costs $800.