‘Galaxy A33 Review’ – is it the thing you are looking for at the moment? Going by the latest trends, it has quite strong reasons. This ‘A’ line up has actually done wonders for Samsung, in recent times. Its Galaxy A53 has even managed to lock horns with even some of the best in the business so far as the Android flagship segment is concerned.
The A33 happens to be one of the best choices among the mid-range Android smartphone category at the moment. At the very first glance, it manages to catch the eyeballs and unlocks simple brilliance and smart performance. Moreover, it brings an array of sharp features on the table while not demanding you to be deep-pocketed.
But is it the best mid-range Android smartphone you can have currently? We need to dive into a detailed analysis to figure out the answer. Let’s start delving deeper with the Galaxy A33 Review.
Galaxy A33 Review: A Cool Breeze
The overall Samsung Galaxy A33 feedback is extremely positive and this mid-range Android smartphone from Samsung seems to be a mini monster that manages to pack several enhanced features at such a decent price level. However, along with the various pros, there are a few cons too. Let’s have a quick look at the hits and misses, followed by analysis of the important aspects, before shifting towards its detailed specifications.
- You don’t need to worry a bit about your device having accidental interactions with splashes of water or a breeze of dust, as it comes with IP67 dust/water resistant protection.
- The screen is an important highlight, which comes with true colors (in the literal sense) and whenever you play a game or watch a movie, it becomes an absolute bliss to the eyes.
- The camera setup is simply over the top, considering the price-range. It’s coupled with the Photo remaster’s powerful AI Image Enhancer and Fun Mode. When it comes to recording videos, you will enjoy the ultraedge thanks to the luminous presence of the OIS technology, which enables you to capture finer details with inch-perfect precision, even under low-light situations.
- Courtesy of Dolby Atmos, you don’t miss even the most minute sound and can carry a portable monster.
- It’s quite lightweight and weighs only 186 grams. This is indeed another important perk of having a Galaxy A33.
- You can unleash more power as Samsung promises that the Galaxy A33’s battery can last up to two days, something which makes any game nerd move to the edge of their seats.
- It offers you a maximum wired charging speed of 25W, which is a bit lower than your standard expectations for a phone at this price-range.
- There’s no support for wireless charging, which is a major pain point for many tech savvy people. Also, it completely does away with any charging brick in the box, leaving you in mud to help yourself.
Galaxy A33 Features
Let’s go on a short tour through the Galaxy A33 features to have a better understanding of what exactly it brings on board. Here we go!
Body: 159.7×74.0x8.1mm, 186g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), plastic frame, plastic back; IP67 dust/water resistant (up to 1m for 30 mins).
Display: 6.40″ Super AMOLED, 90Hz, 1080x2400px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 411ppi.
Chipset: Exynos 1280 (5 nm): Octa-core (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A78 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G68.
Memory: 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM; microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot).
OS/Software: Android 12, One UI 4.1.
Rear camera: Wide (main): 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm, 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS; Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f/2.2, 123˚, 1/4.0″, 1.12µm; Macro: 5 MP, f/2.4; Depth: 2 MP, f/2.4.
Front camera: 13 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.12µm.
Video capture: Rear camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/120fps; Front camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps.
Battery: 5000mAh; Fast charging 25W.
Misc: Fingerprint reader (under display, optical); Stereo speakers; Virtual proximity sensing.
Shall I Go for It?
If you are planning to buy a more than decent Android smartphone that doesn’t burn your pocket, then you can surely go for it. The Galaxy A33 price is quite moderate, as you can bring it home by spending just $287.50. For your information, it’s available in four different color options – Awesome Blue, Awesome Black, Awesome Peach, Awesome White.
You can order the Galaxy A33 directly from the official website of Samsung or buy it from the leading e-commerce sites like Amazon, Best Buy or Walmart.
Galaxy A33 Alternatives
There are a couple of decent alternatives to the Samsung Galaxy A33. Firstly, if you are ready to shell out some extra bucks, then the Galaxy A53 becomes a very good option, which would be a considerable upgrade over the former.
You can also check out the mid-range Asus phones, which are really bargains amidst the Android smartphone segment at this price-range. These are ASUS Rog Phone 2, ASUS Zenfone 5 Z and ASUS Rog Phone 3.
New Galaxy Phones
Samsung is coming up with a host of amazing smartphones in its fascinating Galaxy series. Firstly, the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, which set the Android flagship market ablaze last year and comes with a unique S Pen, is going to have a brilliant successor in the form of the Galaxy S23 Ultra. From the leaked images we have seen so far, one can clearly understand that it will have one of the best camera setups in an Android smartphone ever.
On the other hand, we could see suitable successors to its two strikingly brilliant foldable smartphones – the Galaxy Z Flip 4 and the Galaxy Z Fold 4. It goes without saying that they will set the foldable smartphone market on fire, for sure.
Meanwhile, you can have a look at your special feature at Technowize on the Upcoming Phones 2023, in order to find out what’s more in store this year.