Google Forms have become an integral part of the new work order across global businesses. It has been proven to be quite handy for professionals, business organizations, students, research scholars and even NGOs.
Though Microsoft Forms and a few other such alternatives also find takers, the respective footfalls are not anywhere close to Forms by Google. Being a key player of the G Suite, it enjoys the pole position when we take the widespread popularity into account.
After the pandemic times, Google Workspace and Google Classroom have gained more traction and Google Forms too, started to break into the ecosystem of businesses and academia. Be it short surveys, online tests, contests or even quizzes – it’s almost everywhere, making things seamless with inch-perfect precision.
Let’s guide you through every single significant aspect of it and discuss them in detail. Stay glued to unlock new tools and explore interesting possibilities, safely. Here we go!
How to Create Google Forms?
There are many among us, who haven’t used this gem of a tool by Google and therefore, not familiar with the hassle-free functionality and unmatched power. For the uninitiated, Forms by Google can be created very easily by following some simple steps and can serve an array of purposes for you or your organization.
Let’s have a close look at them, which will make creating a Google Form an absolute cakewalk, even if it’s your first interaction with this G Suite tool.
For Computer or Laptop
- Open up any web browser, be it Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge.
- Then go to forms.google.com.
- Just click Blank + and you will be good to go, as within a blink of the eye you will get to see a new Google Form being opened up.
- It’s almost the same. Select any mobile web browser and go straight to forms.google.com.
- A new Google form will automatically open up. It’s plain and simple, much like a walk in the park.
For iPhone and iPad
- In case you are possessing an Apple device and wondering if using Google Forms would be as easy as accessing them on Android ecosystems, then stop worrying. We have got you covered.
- Open the in-built Safari browser (you can choose Google Chrome too).
- Then head towards forms.google.com.
- Now you have a new Google Form at your service.
Other Ways To Create Google Forms
Apart from the processes shown above, there are several other ways through which you can create a new copy of this brilliant G Suite tool. And as opposed to some problematic views, these are also easy to work with.
You can create a new Google Form directly from your Google Drive or right in Google Sheets. Let’s get started with the easy guide.
From Google Drive
- Firstly, for your information, whenever you create a new Google Form, it gets automatically saved in your respective Google Drive.
- In order to create a new Form by Google directly from Google Drive, go to drive.google.com, if you are operating from a computer or a laptop. In case of a mobile device or a tablet, open up your Google Drive from the mobile web browser or from the Google Drive app itself (the latter would be more easy to handle and will turn out to be a time-saver).
- If you have a close look, you will get to see, in the top left, there is something called New. Just click New and then select Google Forms. Your job is done.
In Google Sheets
- When it comes to creating Google Forms in Google Sheets, there’s an added perk on the table. When you create a new Google Form in Google Sheets, all the responses to your specific Google Form will be saved right in a new sheet.
- This particular feature saves a lot of time and makes things super easy.
- If you are using a computer or a laptop, open a new spreadsheet in Google Sheets. In case you are accessing through a mobile device or a tablet, perform the same action from your mobile web browser – be it Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge or anything else. You can also opt for the official app option for Google Sheets.
- Choose Tools and click it. Then Create a new Google Form. The box is ticked.
How Do I Access Google Forms?
On the contrary to certain popular misconceptions, accessing the Forms by Google is quite easy. You can view, make edits and even change the format at effortless ease. Here’s the hack.
- Access the Google Form from your Google Drive, Google Sheets, Web Browser, Mobile Web Browser or the official apps.
- View all the responses, without much ado. Quite effortlessly, you can check the details of the respective sender.
- Edit your Form. You would be surprised to know that you can actually add, edit or format text, images and even videos in your created Google Form.
- The format of the Google Form can be changed to turn it into more like a quiz or survey. At times, such tweaks in the format can do wonders for you.
- Moreover, you can also make changes to your preference regarding the final destination of the responses to your Google Form.
The pandemic went on to have a significant impact on not only our social life but also on the digital front. To be more precise, on the intersections of the two. These paradigm shifts have catapulted larger ramifications across the spheres.
This is where the rise of Google Forms becomes instrumental. Let’s have a quick overview.
- Now, we are having many online quizzes where the bragging rights are being decided through a team or an individual’s response to a Google Form.
- Apart from quizzes, many talent hunts or scholarship drives are also being conducted through Forms by Google, of late.
- More and more NGOs are conducting online surveys through Google Forms.
- Research scholars are also using Forms by Google to get organic feedback from people outside the academia to have data from a more diverse sample set, within a short time, without any hassle.
- Schools, colleges and universities are now even conducting various online exams on Google Forms, something which is unprecedented and indicates a long-term impact.
- Even in the case of recruitments across industries, Google Forms are becoming quite effective, globally.
Comes with A Caution
However, you must take a note of the rising cyber frauds done with the help of Google Forms. Throughout the world, there’s a recent surge in such digital scams. Hence, don’t click a Google Form sent to you randomly on WhatsApp, Messenger or via email. On the other hand, keep a tab on the access management of a new Google Form created by you.
Beware of hackers, who are finding it easy to make soft targets easily fall prey thanks to Forms by Google. Keep a close eye and take proper measures in the safe handling of Google Forms.
Major Turnaround for Google
The year 2022 was not kind enough to Google. Marred by tech layoffs, it saw the Mountain View-headquartered company plummet to a reported loss of 27% in net profit earnings for Q3 in the current fiscal year.
However, with the new set of Chrome Features and Chrome Extensions, it’s trying to restore parity. And in its bid to hold the ground and fight back, Google Forms might well turn out to be a wild card.