Table Of Contents:
- How to Upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11?
- Install Windows 11 with the Installation Assistant.
- Download Windows 11 through the Windows Insider Program.
- How to Install Windows 11 using Installation Media?
Microsoft OS Windows 11 was an incredible release loaded with new features and improvements in October 2021. With a pristine design language embodying fresher colors, gradients, redesigned apps and rounded corners, the 2022 Windows 11 OS is considered to be one of the best operating systems of Microsoft.
The latest update revised the Task Manager, added newer touch gestures for tablets and more. While Microsoft rolled out Windows 11 as a free upgrade to most of the users by mid-2022, many PCs may not have received the OS update, which they would eventually.
However, if you can’t wait for the timely update and want to use the new-gen Windows 11, there are multiple ways to install Windows 11 on your PC right away and in this guide, we’ll give you a step-by-step tutorial on how to download Windows 11 on PC. Even if you’re not contemplating on upgrading, sometimes if you’ve started noticing any issues with your existing OS, a clean install of Windows 11 can smoothen your PCs functioning.
Before Downloading Windows 11:
While a few PCs may not accept the update, some people are finding it difficult to accept Windows 11 as they are uncovering inconsistencies with the new OS and may wish to downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10.
There are a few prerequisites you need to verify before downloading and installing Windows 11 on your PC:
- Your PC should meet the high system requirements for Windows 11. Install and run Microsoft’s PC Health Check app to check if your system will support the new OS.
- Technical Details: Memory of 4GB RAM; 64-bit CPU with a 1 GHz or a faster dual-core compatible processor; Storage of 64 GB, Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0; DirectX 12 / WDDM 2.x compatible Graphics card and a display screen size of over 9 inches or bigger equipped with a resolution of 720p or higher. There is a limited list of CPUs that are compatible with OS Windows 11.
- Before upgrading to Windows 11, ensure to back up your data and files to a flash drive or an external SSD storage or cloud service.
How to Download and Install Windows 11 on Your PC:
There are four different ways to download Windows 11 on your PC and here is how. Choose according to your convenience.
How to Upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11?
If Microsoft offers you an update from Windows 10 to Windows 11, here’s how you can move ahead with the installation. There is no loss of data or files with this option.
- Go to Settings → Update & Security.
2. You should be able to select the blue Download and Install button, prompting your system for the upgrade to Windows 11. If not, you can choose the Check for Updates button below.
3. After viewing terms, Tap on Accept and Install.
4. Let the download finish.
5. Click on Restart Now to complete the installation of Windows 11.
Install Windows 11 with the Installation Assistant.
If you have not received the Windows 11 update naturally, you can choose to use the Windows 11 Installation Assistant. Ensure that the PC meets the updates’ requirements. This option will not prompt any loss of data and files.
1. Go to Microsoft’s Windows 11 download page.
2. Click on Download Now under the Windows Installation Assistant.
3. Once the tool is downloaded, Tap on Yes.
4. Click on Accept and Install after reading the terms.
5. The first step is to wait for Windows 11 to download.
6. Let Windows verify and authenticate the download.
7. It will complete installing Windows 11.
8. Tap on Restart now and sign out. It will take 60-90 minutes to install Windows 11, based on the advancement of your system. Your screen should display Working on updates.
9. Once completed, sign-in to your updated Windows 11 PC.
Download Windows 11 through the Windows Insider Program.
If you aren’t enrolled in the Windows Insider Program, you should sign up to install Windows 11 on your PC as Microsoft releases test builds of the OS in the program which may be unstable sometimes, but updates quickly.
Please note: The Dev Channel releases weekly updates, while the Beta channel has a better stability but updates once in a few weeks.
1. Go to Settings and head over to Update and Security.
2. Go to Windows Insider Program and tap on Get Started if you’re not a member.
3. Link your Microsoft account.
4. Choose whichever channel you are comfortable with. Dev Channel is frequently updated. Hit Confirm.
5. Your PC will restart.
6. Go back to Settings → Updates and Security. Check for updates.
7. Install Windows 11.
How to Install Windows 11 using Installation Media?
The Installation Media method creates a bootable USB drive which can be used to clean install Windows 11 on your PC or any other device. This process will erase all your files so we recommend backing up all data before beginning.
1. Go to Microsoft’s Windows 11 download page.
2. Click on Download Now under Create Windows 11 Installation Media.
3. Tap on Accept after reading the terms.
4. The setup tool will run to prompt. Choose Use the recommended options for this PC.
5. Click on Next.
6. Choose USB Flash Drive.
7. Select your USB drive and tap on Next.
8. Wait for the prompt of Creating Windows 11 Installation Media.
9. Keeping the USB attached to the PC, tap on Finish.
10. Go to Settings → Update & Security.
11. Under Recovery, tap on Restart now under Advanced startup.
12. Tap on Use a device. Choose your USB and wait for your PC to restart with the Windows 11 Installer.
13. Select a language and tap on Next.
14. Match the version of your Windows 10 to Windows 11 and click on Next.
15. Select the Custom option and choose which drive you want Windows 11 to be installed to.
16. You have to Format the drive before selecting it again and tapping on Next.
17. Windows 11 will install to your PC. You will be prompted to set up your PC again.