If you wonder how to fix a broken laptop screen, we will introduce you to the easiest methods to fix a damaged laptop screen so you can use it again as usual. When a laptop screen is broken, you can notice various problems, depending on what exactly is not working properly.
You can see lines of color, incorrectly colored pixels, bleeding colors, or your screen may not work at all. To find out how to fix a cracked laptop screen, keep reading for more information.
What Are the Major Reasons for a Broken Laptop Screen?
A laptop screen can be broken due to physical damage when you drop the laptop or when you place something heavy on it. Aside from physical damage, the laptop screen can be broken even if there is a piece of sand between the screen and the keyboard. All these reasons are enough to cause the screen to be broken.
Some other reasons for this damage can be:
- Screen burn
- Stuck pixels
- Cable and connector problems
- Non-functioning backlight
How to fix a cracked laptop screen without replacing it?
There are many options when a laptop screen is broken, and you should try some of the fixes that we present below. Remember to try each fix once before you see the improvements. If one solution works, stop with the other solutions if you can use the screen normally again.
- As the first option, you should restart the laptop. If there is an issue with the operating system, it may cause the screen not to work. At the same time, some other issues can be solved with a simple restart of your device. This should be the first thing to try when you notice some malfunctions of the screen.
- Sometimes, there is an issue with your video drivers. If the drivers are outdated and malfunctioning, the entire screen will suffer, and you will have to update the drivers to use the screen normally again.
- You can use an app to unstick the stuck pixels and make them work again. There are apps that move through the colors rapidly and help unstuck the pixels. These apps are very useful and can be a solution to the problem you have with a screen.
- There is also a way to check your laptop screen connections and cables. You can remove the bezels that are placed around the screen and hinge covers. When you remove the case components, you will reveal the screen and you can check the connectors and backlight wires. See if there is a cable that is broken, because this may cause the screen to appear broken.
If nothing of these solutions work, you should know how to replace a broken laptop screen. There may be some large issues that cannot be fixed and your laptop screen must be replaced. Black holes, black or colored bars, and colors that seem to run are usually the problems that cannot be fixed. You will need to replace the screen in order to use the laptop again.
If you wonder how to fix a broken Chromebook screen, the procedure is the same as described above. You should try the mentioned steps and fix the screen yourself. If nothing of these steps seems to work, you should then replace the entire Chromebook screen. The parts are usually very cheap and you will pay for labor much more than for the parts.
Now when you know how to fix a broken laptop screen, you can try the solutions and see if anything can be improved on the screen. Your laptop screen is a sensitive part of your laptop, which is why you should take care of it every time you use your laptop. For all these reasons, when you know how to fix a cracked laptop screen without replacing it, you will be at an advantage every time.