Can you even imagine a text conversation with someone without using emojis? The ease of expressing your feelings without actually having to type them out is a great convenience for many. There are already hundreds of emojis available, but did you know that dozens more are continuously added to your Android or iPhone device?
So, if you think, how do I get emojis on my phone? We have got you covered. There are ways to add new emojis to Android and iPhone to make your emoji game on point!
Here is how you can get the latest emojis on your Android or iPhone.
Update your OS
If you are wondering “How do I get emojis on my phone?” then the shortest route is simply to upgrade your Android operating system. If you are on the previous version of Android, you are sure to miss out on the latest and greatest emojis. For example, with Android 11, Google has introduced as many as 117 new emojis and has also updated the designs of over 2000 emojis that were available before. If you are running an older version of the OS, you will miss out on these.
But how to update your Android? Well, it is easier than you might think. Just follow the steps below on your Android phone, and you will be all set.
1. Open the Settings app on your phone and navigate to the About section.
2. You should see if there is an update available for your phone in the About section.
3. If an update is available, tap the on-screen button and hit install. Remember that you will need an internet connection to do it. As updates tend to be large, it would be wiser to hop on to your Wi-Fi network rather than rely on cellular data.
4. Check if the update was successful. In some cases, your phone might restart, but that’s alright. Now head on over to your messenger app, and voila! You have all the new emojis available to make your conversations more vibrant.
Although updating to the latest Android is the easiest strategy, unfortunately, it is not always applicable to all phones. The newest version of Android is not available on many phones, and you can’t update them. If that’s what is happening to you, there are other ways to get what you want!
Use Emoji Kitchen on Gboard
Google’s default keyboard, called the Gboard, has a unique feature called the Emoji Kitchen. The feature lets you create a mash-up of some of the stickers available to create an entirely customized emoji. Here is how you can get the Emoji Kitchen working-
1. Make sure that Gboard is your default keyboard.
2. Head on to the settings menu on Gboard, and ensure that Emoji, Stickers & GIFs > Suggestions while typing > Emojis is enabled.
3. New head to your favorite messenger app, including WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Twitter, or Instagram, and type two emoji.
4. A strip will appear above the keyboard that will contain a mash-up of the two emojis you typed.
However, this process only works with Gboard. If you don’t want to use Gboard and are still thinking, “How do I get emojis on my phone?” You have other options too!
Install a new keyboard
There are several keyboards on the market for Android, and some of them have an extensive emoji collection, better than Google’s. If you wonder how I get emojis on my phone, just head on over to the Google Play Store on your Android and install your favorite emoji keyboard.
Some of our favorite custom emoji keyboards include-
If you have a Samsung phone, you might already have a custom emoji keyboard installed on your device; you can also check that.
Install a font editor
Apple’s iOS has a much better selection of emojis than Android. If you want to use iPhone emojis on Android, you can do that. However, you would need to install a third-party app for it. The app is called zFont and is available on the Google Play Store.
Here is how you can use zFont to get iPhone emojis for Android-
1. Once installed, grant permissions to the zFont app to access your storage.
2. Tap the emoji tab on the home screen of the app. From here, you can install emoji files used by other platforms, including Windows, iOS, macOS, and others.
3. Choose the latest version of iOS emojis and download it, and tap set.
4. Next, choose the make and model of your phone and select the newest installation method.
5. Finally, go to the Theme Manager of your phone and apply the downloaded emojis.
If you are still asking, “How do I get emojis on my phone? A cool app called Bitmoji might answer your question. The app lets you customize emojis with a cartoon version of your face. You can install it from the App Store (iOS) or the Play Store (Android).
You can have a lot of fun with Bitmoji, and it is completely free!