Have you ever needed to use your email for a subscription, but didn’t want to give out your personal information? If so, you’re in luck because we have a solution for you. Many of us have been in situations where we need to provide an email address to sign up for a new app or subscription, but we’re hesitant to use our personal email address. There are many reasons why you might want to keep your personal email private, such as avoiding spam or protecting your identity. Fortunately, Apple has created a service called Hide My Email that can help you solve this problem.
Apple’s Hide My Email Service
Apple’s Hide My Email service allows you to create a new, random, and unique email address to use in situations where you need to provide an email address, but don’t want to use your personal one. When you create a new email address using Hide My Email, the emails sent to that address are automatically forwarded to your real email address. This means you can receive all the emails without revealing your real email address to anyone.
One of the biggest advantages of using Apple’s Hide My Email service is that it can protect you from spam. If you use your personal email address to sign up for different apps or subscriptions, you might start receiving unwanted emails or spam. But with Hide My Email, you can keep your personal email address private and avoid these unwanted emails.
Another advantage of using Hide My Email is that it can help protect your identity. If you’re signing up for an app or service that you’re not sure about, using a burner email address can help protect your identity and keep your personal information private.
How to Use Apple’s Hide My Email Service on iPhone
Using Hide My Email on your iPhone is easy. First, go to your settings and select your Apple ID. Then, select “Password & Security” and scroll down to “Hide My Email.” From there, you can create a new email address and use it for all your app and subscription needs.
To use Hide My Email on iOS 15, you need to have an Apple ID:
- Open the app you want to sign up for and choose the “Sign in with Apple” option.
- When prompted, select “Hide My Email” and then click “Continue.”
- Any emails sent to the burner email address will be forwarded to your real mailbox without the app knowing your actual email address.
- Anyone with an Apple ID can use this feature.
Steps for using Hide My Email on iOS 15 for iCloud users:
- Go to the website or app you want to subscribe to on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the box requesting your email address.
- Your device should recognize the request and suggest “Hide My Email” as an autofill option.
- Choose “Hide My Email” and iCloud will provide a unique alternative email address for you to use.
- Tap “Continue” to proceed and save the burner email address under a label to keep track of its use.
Apple’s Hide My Email service is a great solution for anyone who wants to keep their personal email address private. It’s easy to use, can protect you from spam, and can help keep your identity private. So next time you’re signing up for a new app or subscription, consider using Hide My Email to protect your personal information. Thank you for listening, and we hope you found this podcast helpful.