LEGO Star Wars Battles belongs to a rare breed of games that can cater to a hugely diverse audience, from millions of LEGO fans to countless Star Wars loyalists and gamers who enjoy the strategy genre. This gem of a game is receiving love from all corners.
The unison of LEGO and Star Wars is not new; it goes beyond the peripheries of games. The Best Lego Star Wars Sets of 2022 managed to receive a lot of fanfare.
Thanks to this top Apple Arcade game, you can now join the bandwagon of epic, hilarious minifigure clashes, which might remind you of a mock-epic, where trivial things are elevated to epic grandeur.
Let’s delve deeper with our LEGO Star Wars multiplayer game journey and discover all you need to know.
LEGO Star Wars Battles: The Real Test of Strategy and Simple Combat
In the LEGO Star Wars Battles, the locale is spread throughout the galaxy, encompassing arenas inspired by iconic locations. Here, you have to fight with your favorite characters in real-time, multiplayer PvP battles.
Strategy games have had a massive fan following for ages, from Age of Empires and Rise of Nations to Clash of Clans. The global gaming community has always been kind to strategy games that have fast-paced action at their heart, probably the reason behind the astounding success of the mobile LEGO Star Wars.
In the fascinatingly beautiful world of this Star Wars mobile game, which has a brilliant crossover with the immensely popular LEGO, you are entrusted with the responsibility of building your own army involving the beloved Star Wars characters. What follows next, is the task of leading those little lovelies to the battlefield and trying to get the better of your enemies.
The high-profile characters like Darth Vader, Yoda, Luke Skywalker and Boba Fett receive support in the form of troops and strikes. To win, you have to mix abilities like ranged shots, melee attacks, stuns, slows and area damage with elements like tanks, groups, snipers and fliers.
The key LEGO Star Wars Battles game features include —
- Collecting and upgrading LEGO Star Wars characters, troops and vehicles to build formidable light and dark side armies.
- Building LEGO towers on the battlefield to strategically attack, defend and capture territory.
- Mastering the battle techniques of both sides of the Force by discovering unique combinations of units.
- Building LEGO towers on the battlefield to defend your base or advance — it could be a Droid Factory for an instant, on-site army, shoot down airborne enemies with a Turbolaser, or a Flame Tower to bring the heat.
- Discovering more than 40 vehicles like AT-ATs, AT-RTs, Y-wings, TIE fighters and characters from Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Star Wars: A New Hope, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, to name a few.
- You can use unique abilities like Darth Vader’s Force Slam or Luke Skywalker’s Force Push.
- Explore battlefields across the galaxy, inspired by iconic Star Wars locations including Naboo, Hoth, Scarif, and Geonosis.
The LEGO Star Wars Battles features are simply over-the-top and its developer’s studio head, Jason Avent, shares the thought behind the game and what makes it unique — “We loved the epic battle scenes from the Star Wars movies and we felt that a fast-paced strategy game would express that best on mobile. We also wanted to allow players to build something important out of LEGO during the game.” Avent stresses “That defined the unique feel of the game.”
Rated as one of the best Apple Arcade games and developed by TT Games Brighton, the LEGO Star Wars Battles can be played on an iPhone, Mac or an iPad.
It’s free to play only if you have an Apple Arcade or an Apple One subscription.