One can pre-order on Windows 10 or pre-install with Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) today.
Microsoft Flight Simulator : Worth the wait!
The game has been played on the PCs for the past 38 years, since the launch of the very first Microsoft Flight Simulator in 1982, and it has very niche following similar to what racing games have.
Microsoft Flight Simulator features include:
- Vivid and Detailed Landscapes – The design includes more than 37 thousand airports, 1.5 billion buildings, 2 trillion trees, mountains, roads, rivers and more.
- A Living World – The Microsoft Flight Simulator includes live traffic, real-time weather and animals.
- Highly Detailed Aircraft – It allows you to hone your pilot skills in a variety of aircraft from light planes to commercial jets with comprehensive flight models. Every aircraft includes highly detailed and accurate cockpits with realistic instrumentation.
- New Checklist System – One can scale the game love from beginner to pro, with interactive and highlighted instrument guidance and checklist.
- Dynamic Weather – The new weather engine enables users to switch on the live weather mode to experience real-time weather including accurate wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, rain and more.
- New Day & Night Engine – Experience flight at any time of day or year allowing for night VFR, visual flight rules, navigation.
- Aerodynamic Modeling – A state-of-the-art physics engine with over 1,000 control surfaces per plane allows for a truly realistic experience.
Flight Simulator 2020 Editions
There are three editions of the Microsoft Flight Simulator available—
- The Microsoft Flight Simulator Standard Edition ($59.99 USD) includes 20 highly detailed planes with unique flight models and 30 hand-crafted airports.
- The Deluxe Edition ($89.99 USD) includes everything from Microsoft Flight Simulator’s standard edition plus five additional highly accurate planes with unique flight models and five additional handcrafted international airports.
- The Premium Deluxe Edition ($119.99 USD) includes everything from Microsoft Flight Simulator Standard Edition plus 10 additional highly accurate planes with unique flight models and 10 additional handcrafted international airports.
The Microsoft Flight Simulator will be available as a retail disc version at European stores via Aerosoft in addition to the digital version.
Gamers will have access to all feet of planes and airports from the day of the launch and access to all updates as and when released. The company will continually evolve and expand the flight simulation platform for better user experience.
Microsoft Flight Simulator Reviews
People who have test played the simulator are raving about it and have given it a score of 94 on Metacritic (a website that aggregates games scores like IMBD). IGN, the media entertainment site had this to say about it:
“The real-world mapping data, however, takes Microsoft Flight Simulator from being just an impressive game to the most awe-inspiring simulation I’ve ever experienced, in spite of its less than stellar load times. Seeing famous landmarks, landing at the world’s most recognizable airports, or just touching down in a remote landing strip in South America is mindbogglingly cool and an absolutely unparalleled way to virtually explore our world.”
The game is so real and detailed that actual pilot training for real planes can involve Microsoft Flight Simulator.