The latest Motorola Razr 40 leaks provide a better look at the foldable phone’s cover display and interface. The photos, first spotted by 9to5Google, show the Motorola Razr 40 display extending from the hinge and wrapping around the device’s dual cameras, as posted on Twitter by Evan Blass, a reliable leaker. Meanwhile, a leaked Motorola Razr 40 specs sheet reveals that it will come with the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 instead of the latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC. The chipset choice may not appear to everyone, but it still a high-performance processor. This is a major contrast to Samsung’s upcoming Galaxy Z Flip5, due to launch in July and compete with the Razr 40 Ultra, which is expected to feature the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2.
Here’s a breakdown of all the Motorola Razr 40 leaks so far:
- An outer display that is larger than the previous Razr model and can be used to show customizable widgets, including weather, calendar, and more
- A cover display that is larger than the previous Razr model and can be used for things like taking selfies, making video calls, and browsing notification
- The option to choose from a red colorway in addition to the standard black and silver options
- A Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chipset with a maximum clock speed of 3.19GHz and 8GB of RAM
- The phone is expected to have a foldable display, similar to the previous Razr models
- The outer display will have a resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels
- The phone is expected to have a 48MP primary camera, a 16MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 20MP front-facing camera
- The phone is rumored to have 256GB of internal storage and run on Android 13 out of the box
- Scored 1285 points on the single-core test and 3810 points on the multi-core test in Geekbench 6
The upcoming Motorola Razr 40 will reportedly be available in three colors, including “Barberry” (the red/pink shade seen in previous leaks), “Black,” and “Blue,” according to XDA. Furthermore, the device’s hinge could potentially support a feature similar to Samsung’s Flex Mode on the Galaxy Z Flip 4. While there was no information on the more affordable Razr 40 model, the Razr 40 Ultra seems to be a strong rival to Samsung’s Z Flip series. Hopefully, the Motorola Razr 40 release date doesn’t make us wait much longer, and North America will be included in its early launch.