It’s been almost six months since the worldwide release of the new iPhone SE. Despite a major revamp, it hasn’t managed to pull off the expected sales numbers yet. Now, with the arrival of iPhone 14, things might turn even worse for iPhone SE (2nd gen). Though it seemingly appears to be losing the plot, it can actually capitalize on the fact that the new iPhone 14 range doesn’t contain a mini variant. Let’s delve deeper to the world of iPhone SE 2022 and figure out if it’s really worth buying.
iPhone SE Specifications
Let’s go through the salient features of the new iPhone SE 2022 –
- Display: The second generation of the immensely popular iPhone SE comes with a 4.7-inch screen. It can easily lock horns with many top guns of the smartphone world, thanks to its Retina HD display. Though the screen is a bit small compared to the standard smartphones of 2022, it seems to have enough firepower to bring on an enhanced visual experience.
- Emergency SOS: Keeping the extraordinary situations in mind, Apple has incorporated an Emergency SOS feature in the new iPhone SE. You can be rest assured as critical information could be sent from your iPhone during moments of crisis.
- Camera: The main camera looks decent with 12 MP. There’s also a front camera to facilitate you in taking selfies or attending video meetings.
- Battery: Apple claims that one of the foremost areas of concern, the battery, has gone through a massive upgrade and now it can guarantee a video playback of up to 15 hours.
- Processor: It boasts of an A15 Bionic chip with 4-core GPU, which catapults an overpowering performance.
- Security: It’s equipped with a Touch ID feature.
- Connectivity: It supports 5G cellular.
New iPhone SE: What’s New?
The Touch ID feature, A15 Bionic chip, and most-importantly a better battery.
New iPhone SE Vs iPhone 13
The latter offers Face ID, an advanced camera, superior battery and a larger screen.
New iPhone SE Vs iPhone 14
The latter offers Face ID, A16 Bionic chip, a way-advanced camera system, much-superior battery and a larger screen, alongside exclusive features like Emergency SOS via satellite and Crash Detection.
New iPhone SE Release Date
The new iPhone SE was announced on April 15, 2020, and was officially unveiled to the world on March 11, 2022.
New iPhone SE Current Price
At present, the price of the all-new iPhone SE (2nd gen) with a pocket-friendly 4.7-inch display, starts from $429. You will get the base model at this price, which offers you a total storage-space of 64 GB. In order to get your hands on the mid-level model which provides you a 128 GB-storage, you have to pay $479. Lastly, by paying $579, you can grab the high-end model, which ensures a disk space of 256 GB.
Will I Get Power Adapter or EarPods with iPhone SE 2022?
The Cupertino-based tech-giant has vowed to accomplish carbon neutrality by 2030 and in its bid to fulfil the same they have done away with giving power adaptors or EarPods with iPhone SE (2nd gen). However, you will be getting a USB-C to lightning cable along with the new iPhone SE.
New iPhone SE Color Options
At the moment, there are three color options to choose from so far as the new iPhone SE is concerned. These are White, Black, and (Product)Red. Interestingly, every purchase of the (Product)Red variant contributes directly to the Global Fund meant for combating the Covid-19 pandemic.
New iPhone SE Offers
Apple is offering a 3% Daily Cash Back with Apple Card along with the trade-in feature, which will trigger an instant price-drop courtesy of the exchange price of your old iPhone.
New iPhone SE Availability
You can buy the 2nd generation of the popular iPhone SE from any of the Apple Stores or can place your order online on its official website. There are other options too, in the form of a host of authorized Apple resellers like Amazon, Costco, Walmart, Target and Best Buy.
Is the new iPhone SE Value for Money?
Indeed. If you are willing to buy an iPhone and okay with a relatively-small screen size, then iPhone SE (2nd gen) appears your best bet.