Alexa is one of the most advanced smart tools in modern times. Add to that the new ‘Routine‘ feature, and Alexa notches up a bolt higher. The Routines feature gives users several options, the distinctive quality of the component being that one can experiment with it to get the actions done. The Routine part has everything listed and sorted out on the Routines section of the Alexa app. It is also easy to create or delete a Routine if the user wants to change.
Amazon recently stated that from 17 September, users could share their Routines with friends and loved ones. The top leading tech company, Amazon is essentially making it easier and convenient for users to get started using the ‘Routines’ feature, with shareable URL links for customers across the US. So, the users who were eagerly waiting for setting up Alexa Routines to automate the Alexa-enabled devices and smart home accessories can now also share them with their friends to try their experience.
Amazon stated that users could share a Routine through the Alexa app, selecting the Routine they want and choosing if they wish to send the Routine through text, email, or social media. If the user received a Routine and hopes to use it with an Alexa-enabled device, they can click the Routine’s URL, which will open up the Routine on the Alexa app, and users can then follow the instructions. The Routine can also be customized and changed according to the preferences.
How to create an Alexa Routine
To create an Alexa Routine, follow the steps below:
- Open the Alexa app.
- Go to the ‘Menu’ and select Routines.
- Select the + icon located on the top right corner.
- Select When This Happens, and then press how to trigger the Routine option.
- For sensor Routines, users should select their installed motion or contact sensors.
- Add action, and then select which action it completes.
- To receive a notification from the motion or contact sensor, select Send the message.
- From, select which ‘device’ would control the Routine.
- Tap Create Routine.
Note: To modify or delete a Routine, open the Routines section in the Alexa app, select the Routine listed in the Enabled section, and make the desired changes.
How to share an Alexa Routine
To share an Alexa Routine, follow these steps:
- Go to Routines in the Alexa app.
- Select the Routine you want to share.
- Click share.
- Send the Routine by text, email, or social media.
How to set up a shared Alexa Routine Ideas
To use a shared Routine, follow the steps below:
- Click the shared URL link available on the mobile device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions highlighted on the Alexa app.
- Look for the options in yellow text, which will highlight more fields to complete the setup process.
There are many best Alexa routines available in Amazon, some of which are shared below:
- Family Routine
- Fitness day Routine
- Headspace Routine
- NPR Routine
- History Channel Routine
- iHeartRadio Routine
- Focus Time Routine
- Screen Time Routine
To manually create a FreeTime Routine:
- Visit the menu and select best Alexa smart home Routines.
- Select the + icon located in the top right corner.
- Select When This Happens, and then choose how to trigger the Routine.
- Select Add Action, and then select which action it completes option.
- Under From, select an Echo Dot Kids Edition, Alexa routine on PC or other FreeTime routine on the Alexa enabled device.
- Select Create.
Users can also access FreeTime customizable pre-configured Routines that are already set up for the most common daily recurring routines for kids. To use a FreeTime customizable pre-configured Routine, follow the steps below:
- Visit the menu and select Routines.
- Select Featured.
- Choose from the list of categories.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to customize the FreeTime Routine according to your preference.