Meta is finally doing something interesting about restoring our WhatsApp chat history. Now, we can get all our chats transferred from our Android phones to our iPhones whenever we wish to switch. Many users will agree when we say it’s been a tough situation for most of us. This is because whenever we decide to make the switch from using an Android device to an iPhone, we can’t get our data transferred to it. This has been a problem because most of the important messages and data we have on WhatsApp gets wiped out.
However, Meta has come to the rescue with its simple approach to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone. The Meta CEO announced this in a post on Facebook, informing WhatsApp users of the new feature.
“We’re adding to WhatsApp the ability to securely switch between phones and transfer your chat history, photos, videos, and voice messages between Android and iPhone while maintaining end-to-end encryption,” Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg said in a statement. “This is a top requested feature. We launched the ability to switch from iPhone–>Android last year and now adding Android–>iPhone as well.”
This means that users can now transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone, including chat history, videos, voice messages, and pictures. Users are expected to use Apple’s Move to iOS app, which was only previously used to transfer contacts, Google Accounts, and calendars from Android to iPhone.
The app will now have the capacity to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone. WhatsApp has also stated that the process to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone is completely encrypted, and therefore they have no access to all the data you will be transferring.
The tech giant also stated that the beta version of the WhatsApp transfer from Android to iPhone was released on Tuesday and we can expect the feature to be available for everyone within a week.
How can I transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone?
With the Move to iOS app, users can easily transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone by following simple instructions. However, there are a few requirements before you can begin the process to transfer WhatsApp chat history. This include:
- Before you proceed, your iPhone should be updated to the most recent version of the iOS, which is iOS 15.5.
- Your Android device should be updated to Android version 5 or newer before you can continue.
- Your WhatsApp should be updated to the current version on both your Android device and your iPhone.
Now that the requirements for the transfer of WhatsApp chat history have been highlighted, you can use the following steps to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone.
- First, you will have to download the Move to iOS app from your Google play store if you don’t have it installed on your phone already.
- Next, open the downloaded app on your Android and follow the instructions provided.
- The instructions above will lead to a code being displayed on your iPhone. You will have to write down the code you see on your iPhone into the prompt on your Android device.
- After entering the code onto your Android device, you will have to follow the onscreen instructions.
- A transfer data page will appear on the screen of your Android device. You will see a list of options like calendar, contacts, and others. Navigate through the options and click on “WhatsApp.”
- The process begins once you click on “Start.” WhatsApp will begin the process, and you’ll be logged out of your WhatsApp account on your Android device.
- Next, you’ll click on “Next” to return to the Move to iOS app.
- Then, you’ll click “Continue” to proceed with the transfer of your WhatsApp chat history. You’ll wait until the process is completed.
- Next, ensure that the updated version of WhatsApp has been downloaded on your iPhone. Then, proceed to open WhatsApp and sign in. Ensure that you use the exact same phone number to sign in. After entering the required details, you’ll click “Start” to finalize the process. You can then access all your WhatsApp data except for your call history and display name.
Meta has made the process of transferring WhatsApp chat history from Android to iPhone less tedious for its users. Users can easily make the switch from an Android phone to an iPhone without worrying about lost data.