Windows 10 is an advanced operating system with great features. However, like every other operating system, Win 10 is not the perfect one, and users will sometimes run into problems. today we bring to you some of the most common issues and solutions to those issues:
Not enough space to install a Windows update
An effective way to bring in space for solving Windows 10 update problem is to auto-free up space on the hard drive or SSD. One way to do that is to use the built-in Disk Cleanup tool.
- Click on the Start menu
- Choose All Programs
- Select Accessories, then System Tools
- Click on Disk Cleanup
- Under the Files to delete heading, choose which file types you want to remove
- If you’re not sure about which file types to get rid of, select each one in turn and read its description
- When you’ve selected the file types to delete, click OK
Some Windows 10 Problems and Its Solutions
PC boots slowly
There are several reasons the Windows 10 might be booting very slowly. When that happens, the first two things to check whether Windows is up to date and has it been infected with malware with Windows 10 no sound.
To check for malware
- Press the Windows key
- Choose Update & Security
- Select Windows Defender
- Click on Open Windows Defender
- Press Full Scan and the scan now
Once the scanning is over, follow the on-screen instructions.
To check for updates to Windows
- Go to Updates & Security
- Select the option to either check for updates or install available updates.
- Files open in the wrong application
Most of us double-click a file to open it up, but if the file is broken or not a supported version, it would never open in the app one expects it to in Windows 10 black screen. As such, the user can fix that by clicking on the Start menu and choosing Settings. Click on the System tab and look for the category labelled “default apps.” Once there, they can choose what app opens each type of file and specify an app for different file extensions.
Windows uses 4G data when not required
If a user is using a personal hot spot to connect to the internet over 4G, the last thing they want is for the background processes and downloads to eat up the bandwidth. To avoid that:
- Click on the Start menu and choose Settings
- Click Network & Internet
- Select Wi-Fi, then Advanced Options
- Switch “Set as metered connection” to the ON position
DVD movies can’t be played
Windows 10 doesn’t have its personalized built-in DVD player. It is mostly because Microsoft assumes that everyone nowadays watches movies online. Though a user can pay to download a DVD player from Microsoft, it is better to download VLC instead.
Too many notifications
Though the Action Center in Windows 10 is useful for keeping all the notifications in one place, it may become cluttered with messages that aren’t of any use.
- Go to the Start menu and choose Settings
- Click on System, then select Notifications & Actions
- Use the toggle switches to control how and when notifications appear, or if they appear at all. As well as managing system-level notifications, you can set them on a per-app basis.
System Restore has gone missing
System restore exists in Windows 10, but it is turned off by default. To turn it on, do the following:
- Click on the Start menu and type ‘system restore’ into the search box
- Select Create a restore point
- When you see the System Properties panel, click on the System Protection tab
- Make sure your C: drive is selected and press Configure
- Click the radio button next to Turn on system protection
- Use the slider to specify how much of your hard drive to use for restore points — 5-10% should do it
Too many pop-ups in Edge
Pop up adverts can be very frustrating and cause Win 10 flickering. Fortunately, Edge has a built-in pop-up blocker, though it’s off by default. To turn it on, launch Edge, click on the More button and choose Settings, then View advanced settings. Set Block pop-ups to “On”.
Windows 10 problems are common and can be solved easily with practical steps. If you follow the tips mentioned, the common issues can be quickly addressed.
Get daily technology updates, gadget reviews, tech news and much more by subscribing to one of the best tech magazine’s, technowize.com.